Saturday, June 12, 2010
Instant khaman Dhokla
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
3/4 cup buttermilk (chaas)
1/4 tsp citric acid (nimbu ka Phool)
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp eno (fruit salt)
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1/2 cup water
cilantro or corriander leaves chopped
* In a bowl mix besan, citric acid, sugar, salt, buttermilk and make a thick batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
* Boil the water in a steamer.
* Then add eno to a batter and pour it in a greased thali and let it steam for 10 minutes.
* Remove from steamer and cut khaman into square shapes.
* For the tempering heat the oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. When seeds crackle add sesame seeds, green chillies, water and salt.
* Now pour this tempering over the khaman and garnish it with corriander leaves and shredded coconut.