Sunday, July 11, 2010
Vermicelli Pudding (Seviya kheer)
1 cup vermicelli (seviya) broken in small pieces
6 cups milk
4 tsp clarified butter (ghee)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder (elachi)
2 tsp almonds chopped
2 tsp raisins
a pinch saffron (optional)
* Heat ghee in non-stick pan and add seviya.
* Fry them stirring continuously over low flame till golden brown.
* Add milk and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring frequently on low flame till it gets thick consistency.
* Add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and cook for another 5 minutes stirring continuously.
* Garnish with almonds and raisins.
* Serve hot or chilled.