Thursday, June 24, 2010
Masala papad is popularly eaten as a starter before main course.
1 papad (moong dal)
2 tsp onion finely chopped
2 tsp tomato finely chopped
1/2 tsp green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
1/4 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
* Roast or fry the papad.
* Mix onion, tomato, green chillies, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
* Spread this mixture on papad.
* Then sprinkle chaat masala and coriander leaves on it.
* Serve immediately or it will become soggy.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
1 cup Sooji
3/4 cup sugar
2.5 cup milk (lukewarm)
3/4 cup ghee
4 tsp raisins
2-3 cardamom (powdered)
Almonds and cashew (grated)
* In a pan or kadai fry sooji in a ghee till light brown in colour.
* Add raisins and cardamom powder.
* Then slowly add milk and stir well.
* Add sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
* Garnish with almonds and cashew.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
3/4 cup buttermilk (chaas)
1/4 tsp citric acid (nimbu ka Phool)
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp eno (fruit salt)
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1/2 cup water
cilantro or corriander leaves chopped
* In a bowl mix besan, citric acid, sugar, salt, buttermilk and make a thick batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
* Boil the water in a steamer.
* Then add eno to a batter and pour it in a greased thali and let it steam for 10 minutes.
* Remove from steamer and cut khaman into square shapes.
* For the tempering heat the oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. When seeds crackle add sesame seeds, green chillies, water and salt.
* Now pour this tempering over the khaman and garnish it with corriander leaves and shredded coconut.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Potatoes (big size)
Black Pepper (optional)
Red chilly powder (optional)
Oil for frying
* Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin round slices.
* Dip them in salted water for some time.
* Heat oil in a frying pan and then fry potato slices on low flame till crisp and light golden colour.
* After frying put chips on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
* Sprinkle salt, red chilly powder and black pepper.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
1 cup corn kernels
1 tomato chopped fine
1 onion chopped fine
1 small cucumber chopped fine
1 small green chilly chopped fine
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1/4 tsp black pepper
salt to taste
1/2 tsp butter
cilantro or coriander leaves chopped
sev for garnishing (optional)
* Boil corn kernels in pressure cooker until soft in a salted water.
* Take a bowl and add corn kernels, tomatoes, onions, cucumber and green chilly.
* Also add butter, lemon juice, chaat masala, black pepper and salt.
* Mix all ingredients well.
* Garnish with coriander leaves and sev.
* Serve as chaat or salad.