Thursday, August 5, 2010
Chivda (Crispy beaten rice snack)
Chivda is one of the very popular indian tea time snacks.
2 cups thin poha (thin beaten rice)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
2 tsp cashew nuts (cut in halves)
2 tsp raisins
2 tsp dry coconut (sliced thin)
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp sugar
few curry leaves
salt to taste
* Fry poha in oil till light golden or roast them in oven or pan by taking 1-2 tsp oil until crisp and keep aside.
* Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and fry peanuts, cashews, raisins, dry coconut, green chillies, curry leaves, sesame seeds till light golden brown and crispy.
* Add poha, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, salt, and stir all well for 2 minutes on medium flame.
* Turn off the gas and finally add sugar and mix well.
* Allow it to cool and store in air tight container.