Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Moong Dal Namkeen ( Crispy & Salted yellow split lentils )
Moong Dal Namkeen is one of the crispy, tasty and protein rich tea-time snack of India.
1 cup Moong Dal(lentils)
1 cup milk
oil for frying
* Wash the dal and soak it in water (also add milk in the water) for overnight.
* Next morning drain all the water and spread dal on cloth to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Heat the oil in a frying pan.
* Fry dal on medium flame till light golden colour for 2-3 minutes.
* Drain on paper napkin to remove extra oil.
* Sprinkle salt and mix well.
* Let it cool and store in a air tight container.