Monday, July 12, 2010
Making funny faces from biscuits is fun for kids and also great for bithday parties. Here this is recipe of my daughter which i am sharing with u.
1 any plain round biscuit for face
grated chocolate for hair
sliced cherry, smarties or gems for eyes
1 thin long piece of cucumber for nose
1 half part of cashew for lips
* Arrange all this ingredients in a plate and make a funny face.
* Also other different ingredients can be used to make faces.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
1 cup vermicelli (seviya) broken in small pieces
6 cups milk
4 tsp clarified butter (ghee)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder (elachi)
2 tsp almonds chopped
2 tsp raisins
a pinch saffron (optional)
* Heat ghee in non-stick pan and add seviya.
* Fry them stirring continuously over low flame till golden brown.
* Add milk and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring frequently on low flame till it gets thick consistency.
* Add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and cook for another 5 minutes stirring continuously.
* Garnish with almonds and raisins.
* Serve hot or chilled.
Monday, July 5, 2010
1 cup besan (gram or chickpeas flour)
2 potatoes cut in long pieces
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1/2 tsp sauf ( fennel seeds)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp green chilly chopped fine
1 tsp cilantro chopped
salt to taste
oil for frying
* In a bowl mix together the besan, ajwain, jeera, sauf, red chilly powder chaat masala, ginger paste, green chilly, cilantro and salt.
* Add water and make thick batter consistency.
* Dip potato pieces in batter and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
* Drain on paper towel.
* Serve hot with tomato ketchup at tea time.